Support In Perth & Kinross

Perth & Kinross has a range of services that provide support and advice around addiction issues, these services range from the statutory services to the third sector (voluntary) and mutual aid groups. (like minded people supporting each other). There are family friendly groups, church based groups as well as informal support that takes place.

PKC Services now work from Drumhar Health Centre, they share the building with the SMS the NHS Service, the  building is open Monday to Friday from 9:00am to 17:00pm. A Duty Service & Self Referral Service is available Monday to Friday, 9:30-16:30. A worker from Alcohol, Drug and BBV (Blood Bourne Virus) Team is on-hand to provide information, advice, support and access to other services.

There is a whole range of holistic and medical supports available please contact 01738 622421 or e-mail

There are a range of services provided at Drumhar Health Centre by NHS Tayside, including Naloxone distribution. The NHS Tayside also offers in-ward Support at Carse View in Ninewells hospital and the Detox Unit at Murray Royal Hospital. The Tayside Alcohol Problems Service and Tayside Drug Problem Service, which provides the whole range of health related support can be accessed by a) Open Referral by self/GP or agency (other service).

  • Individual Agency, e.g. MindSpace

    Mindspace is a local agency in Perth that supports people with Mental Health issues, it offers a Counselling Service and importantly a Recovery College. When looking at ‘addiction’ we can’t ignore ‘mental health’ as many people have ‘multiple-diagnosis’ and ‘multiple-morbidity’ issues. Please visit the Mindspace website for further advice, it also offer a directory of services which supports mental health in Perth & Kinross and Nationally.

  • Hillcrest Futures

    Hillcrest Futures is a voluntary, third sector project who work throughout Tayside providing a range of services, this is from working with people to support them moving on from Alcohol and/or drugs or working with young people who are having issues related to their use of substances, this could be alcohol and or illicit drugs and NPS/Legal Highs.